Call for Papers / Abstracts
The working language of the symposium is English. Please prepare your paper to be submitted using correct English as papers are subject to a review process and papers may be rejected on poor language used.
Click here to submit your abstract. Abstracts should be between 300 and 500 words in length and should clearly summarise the main objectives, the technology and achievements of the investigation or research. Kindly note that the closing date for abstract submission is 22 Feb 2017.
Please include the following:
- Title of Paper
- Key Words
(Please see point 2.1 in the Full Paper Format – click here)
Full Paper Submission
Upon acceptance of the abstract, you will receive an email with a unique link to upload your full paper electronically. Kindly take note of the following:
- Papers should be written in English.
- Full papers are limited to six pages, including all text, figures, tables and references.
- The papers presented at this Symposium are peer reviewed and selected by the Technical Review Committee of Earthing Africa 2017.
- Papers must be original, must not be published in other proceedings and must not contain commercial advertising.
Kindly note that the deadline for full paper submission is 5 Apr 2017. Notification about full paper acceptance will be submitted by email to authors no later than 28 Apr 2017.
Instructions to Authors and Templates for Full Papers
There will be an award for the best student paper / paper from industry. These papers will be submitted to the South African Institute for Electrical Engineers (SAIEE) Africa Research Journal for consideration and possible publication.
Topics of Interest
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following subjects of earthing (grounding), electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and lightning protection:
• Earthing for lightning protection;
• Earthing for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC);
• Earthing system modelling;
• Earthing in soil for high frequency (HF);
• Earthing in soil for low frequency (LF) and DC;
• Earthing for safety;
• Earthing in high voltage (HV) applications;
• Earthing and corrosion;
• Earthing of transmission lines;
• Earth electrode design for substations;
• Earthing and EMC for nuclear power plants;
• Earthing of industrial installations;
• Earthing of pipelines against AC interference;
• Earthing design for renewable power generation stations – PV plant and wind farms;
• Earthing in the petrochemical industry – particularly hazardous environments;
• Earthing in coal mines and deep gold mining environments;
• Earthing case studies.
22 Feb 2017 - Closing date for Abstract Submission;
28 Feb 2017 - Notification of Abstract acceptance and Call for Full Paper submission;
5 Apr 2017 - Closing date for Full Paper submission;
28 Apr 2017 - Full Paper acceptance notification;